Who can Cancel GST
Cancellation when Turnover is less than 20 lakhs
Every person who was registered under old laws had to mandatorily migrate to GST. Many such persons are not liable to be registered under GST.
For example, the threshold under VAT in most states was 5 lakhs whereas it is 20 lakhs under GST. However, do make sure you are not making inter-state supplies since registration is mandatory for inter-state suppliers except for service providers.
Such a taxpayer can submit an application electronically in FORM GST REG-29 at the common portal.
The proper officer shall, after conducting an enquiry as required will cancel the registration.
A new Taxpayer also cancel His Provisional Certificate by this process.
Here are the steps of cancelling on GST Portal-
Log in to the GST Portal, Goto Services > Registration > Application For Cancellation Of Registration
- The Cancellation page opens.
- Your Basic Details of business will show automatically.
- You are required to check the box ‘Address Same as above‘ Under ‘Address for Future Correspondence’.
- After This Click on ‘Save & Continue‘ Button.
- Fill your Cancellation Details and Click on ‘Save & Continue’ Again.
- Select the name of Authorized Signatory From Dropdown Menu.
- Enter the Verification Place.
- Click on ‘Submit With EVC‘
- Enter the OTP, Received on your Registered Mobile.
- Click on ‘Validate OTP’
You have done it !
Wait For Few Days, It WIll be Cancelled.